Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
The Vision Thing The Vision Thing is offline

Default Using "GetString" with ADO

I haven't used GetString myself, but I use getRows a lot to write a
recordset into an array

Dim arrRs as variant
arrRs = rsAdo.getRows

You can then write the array to the spreadsheet (you'll need to convert it
from base 0 to base 1) or write it to a text file.

Let me know if you need further code to do this.

Regards,
Wayne C.

"quartz" wrote in message
Hello, I am using Excel XP with Win 2000 and ADO 2.5.

1) When converting an ADO recordset into a string using "GetString", does
anyone know of any bugs, row limitations, length or size restrictions,
etc.
with this method?

I'm considering using this method for importing data when there is too
much
to fit into an Excel sheet. Alternatively, I will port the data into a CSV
text file and I just wanted to know how stable this method is. I would use
the syntax shown below:

rsADO.GetString(adClipString, , ",", vbCr)

2) Also, does anyone know if this method automatically (internally)
surrounds each column with double quotation marks? If not how can I get it
do this? Please illustrate the syntax.

Thanks much in advance.