Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default lookups

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,Sales!A1:A100,0)),"",VLOOKUP( A1,Sales!A1:G100,2,FALSE))

--

HTH

RP

"milus" wrote in message
m...
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

=VLOOKUP(A1,Inventory!A1:G100,7.FALSE)

7 is the column index

--

HTH

RP

"milus" wrote in message
m...
I would like to combine the data in columns B, C, D, and E contained
on the "Sales" worksheet with the data on the "Inventory" worksheet,
when the part_numbers in column A are a match.
What formula would give me results as shown in the example?
TIA

Sales ws:
A B C D E
A123 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
A124 0.8 1.1 1.5 2.1
12Q3 1.0 1.1 1.2 3.5

Inventory ws:
A B C D E F G
A110 43 yes
A125 5 yes
12Q3 1.0 1.1 1.2 3.5 12 no

Bob
Thanks. I changed the formula to:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sales!A1:G100,2,FALSE)
This works for matching part numbers but results in #N/A's in non
matches. Is there a way to leave blank cells instead?
Pat