BeenThereGotLost

Default Performing a function on a column of variable length

I am cutting and pasting rows of data from our ERP system into a spread
sheet. I then create a table at the end of the data calculating various
statistics. The column layout is fixed, so I always know which column I need
to perform the functions. The number of Row is NOT fixed, so I need a way to
indicate the end of the range.

Something like

=AVERAGE(RegionAround(B2,ColumnOnly))
where RegionAround(B2,ColumnOnly) would return B2:<row before first
blank cell

I'm willing to write a VBA function to return this information, but I can't
get the recieving function to accept the value back as a range.

I am open to all ideas of performing functions on variable length columns.

Thanks,

ER.