Dave Peterson

The rowheight should expand to show the entire contents of that cell.

But if you've manually adjusted that row's height, excel won't change it
automatically.

You can either make the row wider manually -- or just autofit the row (and when
the row is "autofitted", then excel will expand and contract to what it needs).

Monica wrote:

But how do I get all the other rows to go down so that the cell does not just
go down into the next row? I want to be able to expand the cell down, but
for it to expand the entire row down so that it does not interfere with rows
below it...Is that possibe? Thanks!

"Carlos Antenna" wrote:

press <alt<enter where you want the line break

-- Carlos

"Monica" wrote in message
I need to just be able to hit enter in a cell and it create a new line in
that cell. Is there a way to do this so that I do not have to add more
rows?
Please help!

--

Dave Peterson