Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Need a Macro that will sum Values in a Column that are red

typo:
Dim r as Range, dblSum as Double
For Each r In Range("A1:B100")
If r.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
if isnumeric(r) then
dblSum = dblsum + r
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
It counts the number of cells that are red. If you want to sum them then

Dim r as Range, dblSum as Double
For Each r In Range("A1:B100")
If r.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
if isnumeric(r) then
dblSum = dlbsum + r
end if
Next

However, since you are getting 0 for the count, I suspect your red color

is
being produced by conditional formatting. Unfortunately, there isn't an
easy way to check what color is being produced by conditional formatting
(colorindex won't tell you that). In that case, you would need to check

the
condition used by the conditional formatting. What is the condition for
summing? (if that is the case).

Tom Ogilvy

"havocdragon" wrote in message
This keeps returning the value of 0. Yes I have several of my lines red.

But
correct me if I am wrong, but this would just sum the amount of cells

that
are red, not the values in them correct?

Also I use a variable range

"kkknie" wrote:

How about this:

Dim r As Range
Dim iCount as Long

iCount = 0
For Each r In Range("A1:B100")
If r.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then iCount = iCount + 1
Next

MsgBox iCount

Using your range for the A1:B100 entry.

kkknie