Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Umlas[_3_] Bob Umlas[_3_] is offline

Default Break out data into tabs

If you make a pivot table out of your data and use Field1 as a page field,
then you can select "Show Pages" from the pivot table toolbar and each will
be on a tab of its own.
Does that work for what you want to do?

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"alwymo" wrote in message
I have about 10,000 lines of data in one sheet. I would like to take the
primary sort field (first coloumn, 13 total occurances) and break the data
out into tabs. So basically in addition to the one tab, I would have 13
additional tabs..

Field1 Field2 Field3
X 1 2
X 2 3
Y 1 4
Y 2 5
Y 8 4
Z 8 7
Z 7 4

So, if you take the above example, this would produce 3 tabs (once each

for
X, Y and Z) and the tab for X would only have the data where field1 equals

X,
so on..

Any help will be greatly appreciated..