Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Summing rounds answer to

I have a spreadsheet where each column in the spreadsheet from column 2 to
column 22 can be a record. Column 1 contains row headers. I can have from 1
to 21 records depending on the needs of the user. I need to be able to sum
each row and place that value into a column 1 column past the last record
column. I do this using the following code:

curRow = 40
maxRow = 51

'The following looping structure sums the values from the first column to
the last
'filled column, then puts the resulting value on the last column plus 1

Do While curRow <= maxRow

Set sumrng = Range(Cells(curRow, 2), Cells(curRow, numrec))
SumItemWt = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(sumrng)
Worksheets(1).Cells(curRow, numrec + 1).Value2 = SumItemWt

curRow = curRow + 1

Loop

When this code runs the value plced into the column numrec+1 is rounded up
to the nearest whole number. The cell is set as a number with 2 decimal
places. Instead of something like 4.76 I get 5.00.

Why?

If I place the standard cell formula manually into the spreasheet I get the
correct result. Why not with this code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kevin