Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Excel 97 to Excel 2002 :problems!!

there's no general solution.

first make sure the new office 2002 is upgraded to latest service packs.

Then make sure the TEMP directory is clean. (that means TOTALLY empty
and NOT containing hundreds or even thousands of "residual" files and
directories. Close all running applications and really delete everyting
from the temp directory. (easily opened by typing "%TEMP% in
windows/start/run dialog.) There may be 5 files locked or so, but that
should be it.

Try again..

Still problems?
Then someone has to sit down, identify the problem areas and debug'm one
by one..

the application may be huge but it shouldn't be a major problem, as
there aren't many problem areas UPgrading. (provided it's not coded by a
complete moron like the macro recorder :)

So YOU have to identify WHERE it goes wrong.
Then ask specific questions in the Ng's.

Or hire an excel expert to do the work for you <g
plenty of m here if you're willing to pay their fees.

keepITcool

(aida) wrote:

Hi

We have an application developped on Excel97 and it runs perfectly.
Now our users are upgrading their computers to win2k/office2002 and
are encountering many problems with the application:
- automation errors
- many "Doctor Watson"
- errors on .calculate calls

The application is huge, what is the solution to make it work on
Excel2002?

Where is the backward compatibility Microsoft talks about?

Thank you for your help
aida