Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default What macro is executing?

No can do. You have to use literal text for the name (or set a variable to
that same literal text).

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:55:40 -0700, "Ken Loomis" wrote:

I could do that, but I was just hoping for a generic way to display the
currently exectuing macro,so I could quickly paste the same code into each
macro.

Ken

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If you put that code in each macro, then you know the macro name. Just
include it in the message.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ken Loomis" wrote in message
Is there a way to get the current macro name?

I'd like to add some code at the beginning of each macro like this:

If debugOn Then
MsgBox ("Entering" & activeMacro)
End If

and replace 'activeMacro' with whatever will return the name of the
currently executing macro. And use a public variable, "debugOn," to turn
that message box display on or off.

Thanks,
Ken Loomis