Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz Maury Markowitz is offline

Default Performance issues, looking for alternate solutions

We have a large spreadsheet we build every night for our floor traders, which
combines information from Excel (pricing from Bloomberg) and Access
(accounting data), using VBA to mediate.

There is a major performance problem I'd like to fix. One of the major steps
runs calculations combining this information, using sheets in Excel to do
this. This is very slow. The same code running in VBA arrays works much
faster, 2 to 3 times. The problem is that when the results are pasted back
into Excel, any existing formatting is erased.

What I'd like to do is keep the formatting that's currently on the sheet,
and paste in just the values we're calculated in the array. This has so far
eluded me. Any suggestions?

Maury