Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Delete ComboBoxes using a macro?

Assuming comboboxes from the Control Toolbox Toolbar

Dim obj as OleObject
for each obj in Activesheet.OleObjects
if typeof obj.Object is MSForms.Combobox then
obj.Delete
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Grandad" wrote in message
I need to delete 33 Comboxes all on the same sheet by using a macro. I am
using very simple code as below, which I got from recording a macro and
deleting one ComboBox which worked fine.

ActiveSheet.Shapes("ComboBox1").Select
Selection.Delete
ActiveSheet.Shapes("ComboBox2").Select
Selection.Delete
ActiveSheet.Shapes("ComboBox3").Select
Selection.Delete

And so on until I have deleted all 33. My problem is that I get an error
message stating:

Run-Time error '-2147024809 (80070057)
The item with the specified name wasn't found.

I have checked the properties of the boxes and they appear to be "named"
correctly. However, if I use On Error Resume Next all but two are

deleted.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated as it's driving me "NUTS".

--
Kind Regards

Mick