Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick S Rick S is offline

Default Different length moving averages

Hello;

I have several thousand data points listed consecutively in column A of my
spreadsheet. In column B, I use the AVERAGE argument to create a specific
length moving average of all points. I am running a "what-if" study to find
the optimum length moving average. Is there a way to write a macro, I so I
can just supply the length of desired moving average in the top cell of
column B, and I don't have to rewrite the AVERAGE argument each time, and cut
and paste it in every cell?

Thanks.