Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to use Names in VBA

Not for arrays. Perhaps you want to use a collection or a dictionary
object.

Tom Ogilvy

"kurb" wrote in message
. ..

In Excel you can Name columns and rows and use the names to reference a
cell. eg.
= rowName columnName, gives the value of the cell where the row and
colum intersect.

Is there anyway I can do this with Arrays. I can do this by
substituting the column number to represent column Name. Everytime the
program sees a Name it has torkout the colum number which is inefficient
for the application. Since the Names are variables. the question is how
can the program assign a number value to a variable Name when its first
encountered, so that when the user uses that Name again the program uses
the associated number value

Thank for any suggestions

Kurb