Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default Researching single pairof data problem...

Patrick's solution doesn't quite get what you want because the 3rd "4" does
not have a second match, but his formula says it does. This formula will
test to see if COUNTIF is ODD or EVEN and determine if this line has a
second match.

=IF(MOD(COUNTIF(A:A,A1),2)=0,"Match",IF(MOD(COUNTI F($A$1:A1,A1),2)0,IF(COUN
TIF($A$1:A1,A1)=COUNTIF(A:A,A1),"Mismatch","Match" ),"Match"))

Put this formula in B1 and fill down the column.
MIke F
"Xerses" wrote in message
I've got a worksheet with a column of data like A:

A B
4 Match
5 Mismatch
4 Match
4 Mismatch
6 Match
2 Mismatch
1 Mismatch
6 Match

I'm trying to find a formula or a macro that could give me an output
like in column B....The big problem is that i need to find only single

pairs
of data (E.G: the first two "4" are matching, the third one is mismatching
because there isn't another one in column A). I've tried with countif and
offset but they doesn't work.

Someone could give me an hint on a formula or a macro?
Thanks for your time.

Live Long and Prosper,
Xerses from Home.