Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Generate all possible combinations from three data sets?

You want a permutation generator.

You could start with the one on J-Walk's site:

With some work you might be able to get what you want.

"Flamikey" wrote in message

I want to build a table that lists all possible Blackjack initial hand
combinations with a dealer and one player. This means I am only
looking for the first 3 cards and I am making the assumption there is a
full deck. So I have 3 sets of {2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K,A} and there
should be 2,197 possible combinations (suits are not considered). Is
there an easy formula to generate all of the possible 2,197 hands?
Thanks.

--
Flamikey
Flamikey's Profile: