Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Allison Allison is offline

Default Compare all following columns when value is same

Myrna,

No I won't be deleting duplicates. I need to identify records that are not
identical so I can analyze them and determine what needs to be changed.

The way I'm doing it by hand is Auto Filter, then select the value in Column
B I for which I want to compare the rest of the data, then check each of
colums D-Q drop-downs (from the auto-filter) to see if there is more than one
value in it. That is taking me ages to do.

I was hoping for an automated process.

Allison

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

Is your ultimate goal to delete duplicates? If so, Data/Filter/Advanced
filter, and select Unique records only. There's more information on Advanced
Filter in Help.

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:13:03 -0700, "Allison"
wrote:

Excel 2002, Word 2000

I'm looking for a way to compare entries in columns D-Q to all other D-Q
entries when a value in Column B is the same.

Example: Rows 5, 12, 17, and 20 all have "ABC Company" in Column B. Colums
D-Q in each of those rows contain various invoice details.

I want to return an answer of "SAME" for any column in which all values are
the same in rows 5, 12, 17,20, and "DIFFERENT" if any entry in those rows
varies from other entries in the same columns for 5,12,17,20.

Column B data may have one or several entries for the same company. I want
to compare entries in columns D-Q for any rows that have the same "B" Column
value.

Can this be done other than manually? If so, please share a solution.
Thank you.

Allison