Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Philo Hippo Philo Hippo is offline

Default username & password check

OK but first clarify this for me please, how will you know who's who? Get
the logged on username?

"Jack" wrote in message
Thank you so much for your suggestion Philo,
But I'd prefer not to use forms but just hide written data
(usernames&passwords) from Sheet3. Could you modify your code to

accomplish
that.
Regards

"Philo Hippo" wrote in message
Hi Jack,

create a small form with 2 fields, one for the username the other for

the
password.
Call it up from the ThisWorkbook.Workbook_Open event and search for the
username then match the password.

sub cmdOKButton()

with sheet3.UsedRange
CurRow=1

Do Until IsEmpty(Cells(CurRow, 1)) 'Syntax:
Cells(RowIndex,ColumnIndex)
if Cells(CurRow, 1).value=txtUserName.text then
if Cells(CurRow, 2.value=txtPassword.text then
sheets("sheet1").activate
unload me
else
msgbox "the password provided is incorrect,
please try again"
txtPassword.setfocus
end if
else ' Username not found
msgbox "I'm sorry you do seem to be a registered

user,
please contact the Administrator"
unload me ' or thisworkbook.close or

application.quit
end if
CurRow=CurRow+_1
Loop
end with

end sub

"Jack" wrote in message
I have a workbook of which I have usernames (column A:A) and passwords
(column B:B) on Sheet3. I have some tables, forms etc. on Sheet1 but I

want
to allow using this page to people only which can input matching
username&password with Sheet3. Can anyone suggest VBA solutions?.
TIA