Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Closing a worksheet

Protect the Workbook, windows option. This also prevents moving the
windows.

Tools=Protection=Protect Workbook = Choose at least Windows
Tom Ogilvy

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I don't know how I can be more explicit. I'm not referring to the TOP,
rightmost "X", which closes the applications. I have several worksheets

in
my workbook app. When I need to display two of the worksheets at the same
time, each taking part of the app window, I need to prevent the user from
clicking the worksheet "x" when that sheet is active.
I cannot seem to trap that event.

Thanks
Sheldon

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Sheldon.

The "X" you refer to closes the workbook, not a sheet. The topmost "X"
closes the Excel Application.

I have created a macro that closes the worksheet

Please show your code! I do not beleive that it is possible to close a
worksheet in isolation from its parent workbook.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Sheldon" wrote in message
I guess I need to be more specific. I want to prevent the automatic

action
that takes place when the user clicks on the "X" in the top right of

the
worksheet (NOT the workbook - that's ok to use). I have created a

macro
that
closes the worksheet and does some other operations.

Thanks

"Sheldon" wrote:

How do I prevent or disable in code a worksheet close, not a workbook
close?

Thanks