Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo Boxes

Data Validation dropdowns don't support this. You need control toolbox
comboboxes for this type of functionality.

--

HTH

RP

"Chris_za_za" wrote in message
Hi, Im new. Ive used exel a fair amount but have thus far not taken too

much
time to learn VB.

Im using combo Boxes to look up data and return values to certain cells,
however I am currenly utilising The validation list-combo method, which

works
very well.

My question is as follows, I am unable to type in the first few characters
of the item for the item to be shortlisted and then select it, I have to
scroll in order tp find the item I am looking for.

How do I make a combo work using VB, I see this being the only way using a
Combination drop down edit - Please help