Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jack Jack is offline

Default First textbox in form not accepting input properly

I have a form containing three textboxes with the right adjust property
set. The first textbox is initialized with the number 12. The cursor is
blinking behind the number 12, which is not highlighted like it should
be. When I type in the number 25 the textbox shows 1225 instead of
overwriting the number 12 to get 25. There is no problem when I type in
the remaining textboxes where the existing number is highlighted and is
overwritten by the number typed in.
I’ve tried making the tabindex 0 which didn’t work. I also put a dummy
textbox or commandbutton with an tabindex of 0 in front of the leading
textbox. This worked but its dumb having to have to tab it before
entering data in the desired textbox.

How can I fix this? What is happening? Is this a bug?