cpetta

I refreshed the query again today, and the cells stayed consistent i.e
C29:C30, but the data from source worksheet to target worksheet in the same
workbook was still not updating upon opening or refreshing the file.

If I manually delete data in say cell C29 or C31 from the source worksheet
the target data updates automatically. Why wont the target data update from
the source upon opening or refreshing the query?

I followed the Excel help menu for recording a macro but did not see any
data. I am not using a macro only copy-paste-special link, plus my MS Query
to extract information from my database via ODBC which works fine. Can you
please help!

"Bill Manville" wrote:

I don't understand why the results of a query would move from C1:C20 to
C50:C70 when the query is refreshed. I can accept that the number of
rows returned could differ and that individual items might be on
different rows. I will assume that is what you meant and that the
results table still starts at the same location.

Is the copying done by a macro currently?
If so please post the code.
If not, please record a macro while doing the operation manually and
post the recorded code.
That way it will be clearer what we are both talking about.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England