Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Make first imported CSV row into column names ?

Row numbers are fixed and cannot be changed...........same rulles as
column letters.

For appearance only you can hide the row headers, which will also hide
column headers.

In A2 enter =ROW()-1 and copy down as far as you wish.

UnFreeze Panes then select B2 and re-freeze panes.

NOTE: I state "appearance only".

Any other use of those numbers could cause confusion.

Any formulas created would have to account for the mis-labeled rows.

Gord

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:23:38 -0800 (PST), goldtech
wrote:

Best is to *Freeze Panes

This worked, thanks.

Is there a way to start the row numbers at the left from 0 instead of
one?

I could start this question in a new thread if necessary.

I want the 1st row of actual data to be 1 not 2, that's why I ask.

Thanks.