Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LCTECH001 LCTECH001 is offline

Default If cell is blank automatically enter today's date in the same cell

Can someone please help with the following? I have a blank cell in say M10 which when a date is typed into it is used in another formula which counts all those entries before that date which are overdue. What I would like to happen is if the cell is blank then todays date is automatically entered. I have tried the following formula but all I get is the word FALSE and I need todays Date. Can someone out there please assist?

=IF(ISBLANK(""),TODAY())

Thanks