Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default count number of repeats in a column highlight result

You could sort the sheet by the ref# column, descending, to place the highest number of orders at
the top of the sheet.
Before sorting, add a separate column filled with consecutive numbers. Use that column to restore
the original sort order.
-Or-
You could use Conditional Formatting to color cells in the column that a value of 5 or more.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA .

"bobular"
wrote in message

I am have a very large sheet (1000s) with customer orders and am trying
to find the number of orders by each customer and then highlight when
customer has made 5+ orders is this possible?

I think I have formula for adding number of repeat instances in customer
ref# column therefore solving first part but is their a way to then make
that then highlight if result is 5 or more
--
bobular