Dave Breitenbach

try this...
=TEXT(ROUND(((g40/h45)*d19*100 ),0),"#,##")&" kWh"

"Paul Hightower" wrote:

Shirley:
You are mixing a numerical result with text. the use of the "&" tells excel
the cell contents is text. That is what is kiliing your formatting of the
ROUND() function. I suspect if you surround the ROUND() function with a
TEXT() convserion you can make the format behave.
Paul

"Shirley" wrote:

I have some formulas with text added to the result. For example, I might
have a result of: 4.9ยข/kWh
In the formula cell, I set the numeric format to number, one digit after
decimal.

How do I retain the format when I have the numeric set to show commas? When
I want to show a result of: 2,345,899 kWh Excel gives me a result of:
2345899 kWH.

Why is it ignoring my format when I introduce text? A formula example when
this happens might be:

=ROUND(((G40/H45)*D19*100 ),0)&"kWh"

help! this is driving me crazy!! I want to show units in the same cell, but
these numbers need commas to read them easier!!

Shirley