Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
big t big t is offline

Default User defined functions

Thanks for the info Ron.

I just wanted to confirm - do you do this from a user defined function? I
copied your code into one of my functions (having changed the text to be
displayed in the statusbar) but I don't get anything in my Statusbar.

Any ideas?

TIA
big t

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:19:07 -0700, "big t"
wrote:

Hi everyone,

just a quickie - i'm pretty sure the answer is no but I just wanted to get
it confirmed by one of the gurus here - my question is:

can i write messages to the statusbar from a user defined function?

i've tried it and it doesn't seem to do anything, but it doesn't cause an
error either.

TIA
big t

Yes, you can.

Look at VBA HELP for the StatusBar Property.

Here's a code snippet from one of my routines. In this case, 's' is a double
representing file size:

oldStatusBar = Application.DisplayStatusBar
Application.DisplayStatusBar = True
Application.StatusBar = "Copying File..." & Format(s/1024/1000, "0.00") & "MB"

--ron