D Hafer - TFE

Heres the deal, one of my suppliers emails me my order I've placed with them
over the phone. The only file they can send to me which has my costs in it
is an Excel version of the order....designed to be printed just like thier
paper order...with headings (where column A is blank and accounts for about
20 rows of data) and categories (which always have text in column A). I'm
attempting to create a complex macro which gets rid of all the junk (rows
with headings & categories) to get to a comma delimited text file for
importing into an inventory management database.

The total number of rows in any given order is variable, therefore, I'm
trying to set a macro to get rid of the junk and keep the important data.
Does this help?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to show the rows where the value
in column A begins with a letter (or column A is empty)?

You could use a column of helper cells with formulas like:

=OR(AND(CODE(UPPER(A2&"A"))<=90,CODE(UPPER(A2&"A") )=65))

Then filter to show only the Trues.

D Hafer - TFE wrote:

What would I put into an autofilter parameter to show only rows which begin
with text or are blank?

--

Dave Peterson