Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy Doug Glancy is offline

Default The equivalence of EQUIVALENCE

Richard,

Maybe you could use a collection, which allows you to define a key for each
member.

hth,

Doug Glancy

"Richard" wrote in message
om...
I've read elsewhere in this group that a construct like Fortran's
EQUIVALENCE doesn't exist in VBA, so let me please share the goal and
perhaps someone has a suggestion. I want to access certain elements of
an array by individual names. This is mostly for clarity of
programming, bug avoidance, etc. The array construct is necessary
because several operations have to be done on the array as a whole,
but writing and reading portions of it would be much easier to
document for those who follow if the individual elements had
meaningful variable names like tempLosAngeles instead of temp(6,9,7).
All bright ideas appreciated, and thanks.