Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] BobHat@rr.com is offline

Default Error Message "Formula is too long"

Hello
Using MS XP-SP1, Office XP

I execute an extract from a Lotus Notes DB via Lotus Script to Excel.
The contents of one column needs to be manually edited and also to
remove what appears to be a carriage return (shows as a small box in
the cell at the end of each line). Each cell also starts out with
"-- Modified by: ABC". When I try to do a "Find/Replace" to remove
the "-- Modified by: ABC" from each cell, I get the message that "The
formula is too long".

I have tried to change the format to "Text" before Find/Replace but
that does not work.

The cells are formated as "General"

Questions:
1. How can I Find/Replace to remove the words "-- Modified by: ABC"

2. How can I remove the apparent "Carriage Return" at the end of each
line?

Thank you