Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jamie Collins Jamie Collins is offline

Default Date Problem

"Frank_Hamersley" wrote ...

there are alot more quirks regarding date handling that I would care to
go into suffice to say do not rely on the IsDate() function when looking to
convert strings to dates - you need to write your own to be safe in a non
"mm/dd/yyyy" locale.

From testing I've conluded that seems Jet 4.0 gives entirely
consistent results using ISO-8601 standard date format, being
yyyy-mm-dd e.g. in VBA:

strStartDate = Format$(datStartDate, "yyyy-mm-dd")

However, for peace of mind using an unambiguous date format can be
good e.g.

strStartDate = Format$(datStartDate, "dd mmm yyyy")

Jamie.