Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default saving files

Hi Judith

Which Excel version do you use

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"judith" wrote in message ...
I have a button on the a spreadsheet which links to a
macro which includes the statement

ActiveWorkbook.Save

Sometimes when the macro runs it looks as if the file is
saving and it registers the correct date and time on the
Modified property but the changes to the document have
not actually been saved. I have changed the statement to
a "SaveAs" so that i know when it is and is not saving as
i get a warning about overwriting. But why is it doing
this? Is it a problem with my VBA or is it a system
problem? I have tried to see when this happens and while
there does not appear to be any consistancy it does
appear to happen more often on the first save.

Any suugestions please. Thanks