Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formating of cells based on value in another cell

Formula is, formula of

=OR(A$1="Sat",A1="Sun")

--

HTH

RP

"Vlip" wrote in message
Is there a way to set conditional formating of a cell or
range of cells based on the value of another cell? I have
a spreadsheet with day of the week across the top. I want
all cells below the day of the week to be shaded if the
value in row 1 of that column is "Sat" or "Sun". Is there
a way to do this? I know I can do it manually, but I'd
like for to be based on conditional formatting since every
month the weedays move.

Thanks!