Dave Peterson

Ah, that's if you leave excel to its own devices.

If you select the whole range, then excel will include the all-blank rows in
that autofilter range.

(One of the reasons I select my range before I apply data|Filter|Autofilter (and
Data|Sort and Data|pivottable and....)

Barb R. wrote:

Autofilter only works when there is data in continuous rows. If you have an
entirely blank row, Autofilter will not work the way you want. The way I've
gotten around this is to add a column and put in a row number or some other
data for ALL THE ROWS that I want to review. I'll then use the autofilter
to find the cells that are blank.

"D Hafer - TFE" wrote:

What would I put into an autofilter parameter to show only rows which begin
with text or are blank?

--

Dave Peterson