Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bw bw is offline

Default Enter Key

I don't understand why you can make it work, and I can't?

I format cells A1:A3 as "Unlocked", then when I Protect the Sheet and
"Select Unlocked Cells" only.

I then uncheck "Move selection on Enter".

When I enter information into cell A1 and press Enter, the focus moves to
Cell A2.

Again, I don't understand why you can make it work, and I can't?

Bernie

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:18:39 -0400, Tom Ogilvy wrote:

Thanks for the information, Tom, but when the sheet is PROTECTED, and
"Move Selection after Enter" is NOT checked, the Enter Key Moves to a
different cell (Right, Left, Down, or Up...whichever was last selected).

I couldn't reproduce that behavior. When I unchecked it and edited an
unlocked cell (protected sheet), when I hit enter, the highlight did not
move. Maybe it isn't clear what you are saying.