Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michel Rousseau Michel Rousseau is offline

Default How to rearrange data

Cecil,

A big thank you! The programme was very good! I had the idea to build
on this table from the macro – would this be possible?

For each intersection of municipality and year in the table, I made the
following unit:

Municipality 1940
Seville name mayor
Main issue
Year

Each unit has three cells going down. In addition to the “name”, there
is “main issue” and “year”.
There is a unit for each municipality for all of the years going across.

The same has been done for 4 municipalities, so there is a worksheet
with this fixed structu

Municipality 1940 1950 1960 1970 1980 1990 2000

Seville name mayor etc
Main issue
Alternative year
Grenada name mayor etc
Main issue
Alternative year
Barcelona name mayor etc
Main issue
Alternative year
Cordoba name mayor etc
Main issue
Alternative Year

The table is in one worksheet, and there is one worksheet for each of
the municipalities afterwards.

Is is possible for a macro to read the unit for each municipality for
each year going across (name mayor, main issue, alternative year) and
then to go the individual municipality worksheet, to find the row which
has all the same information in the unit (name of mayor, main issue,
year). If this info is the same, extract the first five columns of this
row in the municipality worksheet and put it in a separate worksheet.

And to do this for each unit at the intersection of a municipality and
year in the table worksheet.

I hope this is not too complicated. Let me know what you think.

Michel