Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vic Eldridge Vic Eldridge is offline

Default position mouse cursor in msg box

Why make this rank novice click a button at all ?
Just show him a progress bar and/or a "please wait" message that
disappears when the macro is finished.

"swatsp0p" wrote in message ...
Well, I thought I had seen it. Trying to automate so even the most novice
user can operate, I wrote a macro that does extensive reformatting of
imported data. I even turn off screen updating whilst it is running. When
it is finished, a message box opens, saying "Formatting Finished. Click OK".
Self explanatory, right? Wrong. Because the macro is suspending awaiting
the "click", the mouse arrow turns to an hourglass.... so the operator says
to me (after waiting I don't know how long), "But it's not done, there's
still an hourglass!".

So, is there a way to have the mouse automatically positioned 'within' the
message box-so the hourglass returns to an arrow? I know the mouse setup in
control panel can make this a default Windows feature (Snap To), but I don't
control the users of this app's pc.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Good luck!

TIA

swatsp0p