Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kanan Kanan is offline

Default make addin portable

thanks for the info.
kanan

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

Unfortunately, Excel has not always been consistent in its references.
I have not looked at it recently, but my recollection is that Excel 97
embedded worksheet references to other files (including Add-Ins) using a
drive letter, while VBA embedded references using the UNC path. If you
need to mimic a UNC path, then I think you are out of luck. But I have
had good success mimicking a drive letter using the DOS SUBST command.

For instance if I needed to mimic files from a network S: drive, I would
have a path on my hard drive c:\NoNetwork\S\ and then put whatever
directory structure I needed from the S: drive below that. I could then
issue the DOS command
SUBST S: C:\NoNetwork\S
and have a virtual S: drive with the necessary files, even though I was
not connected to the network.

Jerry

Kanan wrote:

Hi,
I have an add-in issue. I have this workbook(bookA) which uses add-in from a
network drive. I want the user to be able to copy this bookA to a floppy so
that
they can use it when they travel. But the add-in is in a network drive. But
they are
not able to use bookA even if they copy the add-in book in the same floppy.
Can anybody explain and suggest a solution? I don't want to teach them or
want them to
be able to point the add-in the floppy. Is there an automatic way to do this?

thanks
Kanan