John

Re-recording it worked...

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Since it works when you do it manually, I'd record a macro when you do it once
more.

Then you could compare the recorded macro with what your code does.

John wrote:

I have a simple macro that selects three tabs in the active workbook, and
then makes a copy of them to a new workbook. The Macro also contains a line
to break the link between the old workbook. However, since taking this
spreadsheet over from a coworker, I manually have to go to editlinks and
then break the link. Any ideas why the macro won't do it?

ActiveWorkbook.BreakLink Name:= _
"\\Porfs01\snt\Taxable\Research & Inventory\Inventory\SNW INV
PLAIN.xls", Type _
:=xlExcelLinks

Thanks for the help!

--