Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jacksonz[_3_] jacksonz[_3_] is offline

Default a challange for the "real" programmers

This one probably isn't as hard as I'm making it out to be...

Lets say I have a cell, a1, on sheet1 that contains text. now lets sa
i want the filename to be PTI and then the text from that cell. I
excel speak that would be "PTI"&sheet1!a1 , if i am not mistaken.
want that filename to be the default one in the dialog box, so we don'
have to type it in everytime.

It would be really nice if I could also figure out how to make
specific folder on a specific drive the default path instead of M
Documents.

So the final filename would look like:

k:\folder1\folder2\PTI[text from sheet1!a1]

Then all i would have to press is save, unless i wanted to change it.
but since that is what it will be 99% of the time, that is how i wan
it.

If anyone thinks they have a handle on this one, I'd appreciate som
guidance.

Thank

--
jackson