Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Error Handling with Nested Loops

Dim rng as Range
For Counter = 1 To intNumTreaty

Sheets("FY Prem").Select
Range("B3").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
intNoCols = Selection.Columns.Count

For Counts = 1 To intNoCols

Sheets("FY Prem").Select
Range("A3").Select
strCurDate = ActiveCell.Offset(0, Counts).Value
strCurTreaty = ActiveCell.Offset(Counter, 0).Value
strCurGroup = strCurDate & strCurTreaty

Sheets("Acct Summary Pull").Select

Columns("A:A").Select
set rng = Selection.Find(what:=strCurGroup)
if not rng is nothing then
rng.Select
curFYPrem = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Value
curRnPrem = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 5).Value
curFYComm = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 6).Value
curRnComm = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 7).Value

End if ' if not rng is nothing
Next Counts

Next Counter

Tom Ogilvy

"Ctal" wrote in message
om...
I've got a couple of nested loops. The inner loop does a 'find' on one
sheet. Based on the found cell, it loads some values into variables that
are used on another page. The problem is with errors. The 'find' item

may
occasionally not exist. If this is the case, I need for the loop to
continue with the next iteration. I've tried several approaches to fix

this
and still come up short. Any ideas appreciated, code posted below:

(Some code to determine intNumTreaties)

For Counter = 1 To intNumTreaty

Sheets("FY Prem").Select
Range("B3").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
intNoCols = Selection.Columns.Count

For Counts = 1 To intNoCols

Sheets("FY Prem").Select
Range("A3").Select
strCurDate = ActiveCell.Offset(0, Counts).Value
strCurTreaty = ActiveCell.Offset(Counter, 0).Value
strCurGroup = strCurDate & strCurTreaty

Sheets("Acct Summary Pull").Select

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Find(what:=strCurGroup).Activate

(Error can happen here, if so need to move to next Counts

at
this point)

curFYPrem = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Value
curRnPrem = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 5).Value
curFYComm = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 6).Value
curRnComm = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 7).Value

(Some code here to work with the variables on other sheets)

Next Counts

Next Counter

End Sub