Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Charles is offline

Default Excel VBA and SQL Server 2000 UDF

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for reply.

I know how to work with Stored Procedures in SQL Server (by using
OUTPUT parameters)to get returned value (scale value), what I am
interested is, how or if is possible to get returned value from a SQL
Server UDF by using Excel VBA, just we get returned value from Excel
VBA UDF?

Yesterday I read some interesting stuff, suggest we CAN NOT get
returned value from SQL Server UDF, I wonder is this true? I would be
surprised to know we have to treat SQL Server UDF just like SQL Server
Stored Procedures - if this is the case, why we need UDF?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Charles
(Jamie Collins) wrote in message . com...
(Charles) wrote ...

Can I get SQL Server 2000 UDF (user defined function) returned value
by using Excel VBA?

Wrap the function in a stored procedure, call the stored proc from VBA
code using ADO.

Jamie.