Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.sdk
Jens Thiel[_2_] Jens Thiel[_2_] is offline

Default Replace XLA with XLL function

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to replace some worksheet functions defined in an XLA
by native counterparts exported from an XLL add-in. When deleting the
functions from the XLA and adding them to the XLL, all existing workbooks
show "#NAME?" when recalculating these functions. I have to add that the XLA
is not accessed as a "classic" add-in, but instead added using
Tools-References from the VBA editor.

The only way I was able to update to the new XLL function was by renaming
"'C:\Full\Path\To\AddIn\Name.xla'!FunctionName " to "SomethingSilly", saving,
closing, reopening and again renaming "SomethingSilly" to "FunctionName". Is
there an easier way? I'm asking since I need to upgrade a lot of workbooks,
with some of them not available on the server (that is, the upgrade should
run at the end-user).

Every help or hint appreciated!

Jens.
--
Replace MSDN with my first name when replying to my email address!