John

Hi Niek

I had already tried this one - can't make it work.

Kind regards

John

"Niek Otten" wrote:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#WorkHours

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"John" wrote in message
I want to calculate the number of working hours between two dates.

As an example: I receive a fault call and log the date and time. I also
record the date and time when it is resolved. I then need to calculate the
number of hours it took to resolve the call taking into account the fact
that
I only work Monday - Friday & 9am to 5pm. I can calculate the hours
between
the two points easily enough but can't find a way to account for the
non-working hours over night and the weekends.

I am using Excel 2000 & XP.

Any help/ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.