Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
stevem[_12_] stevem[_12_] is offline

Default Comparing rows on one sheet to list on other

Ok, after a little investigation (mainly adding some MsgBoxes) in th
code to see what variables are what at specific times, I found out tha
the variable res is being set to "Error 2042" on every pass
reguardless if there is a match or not.

Don't know why, or what that is, or how to fix it, but figured I'd giv
you as much info as I possibly can.

Tom Ogilvy Wrote:
are all the worksheets in the same workbook. In

Sub MoveExempt()
Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
Dim rw as Long
with worksheets("Elements")
set rng = .Range(.Cells(1,"H" _
),.Cells(rows.count,"H").End(xlup)
End With
With Worksheets("Servers")
set rng1 = .Range(.Cells(1,"A" _
),.Cells(rows.count,"A").End(xlup))
End With
rw = 1
for each cell in rng
res = Application.Match(cell,rng1,0)
if not iserror(res) then
cell.EntireRow.Copy Destination:= _
Worksheets("Exempt").Cells(rw,1)
rw = rw + 1
cell.EntireRow.clearcontents
end if
Next
on Error Resume Next
rng.SpecialCells(xlBlanks).Entirerow.Delete
On Error goto 0
End Sub

test this on a copy of your workbook.

Tom Ogilvy

"stevem " wrote in message
Ok, I asked this already, however since I didn't get an answer that
worked, I'm going to try to clarify as best as possible.

I have 3 sheets, one called Elements, one called Servers, and one
called Exempt.

Elements has 10K+ rows, with 12 columns. Servers has 2500 rows, 1
column, and Exempt is empty.

What I need to do, is for each row in Elements, compare column H t

the
Servers sheet. If there is a match, I need to move the active row t

the
Exempt sheet.

Hopefully this clarifies enough. Having alot of problem with this
myself as I'm in brain meltdown right now.

Thanks in advance.

---

steve
stevem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=772