Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jenny Jenny is offline

Default Text File Problem

Greetings. I am having the strangest problem with a text
file. The first character of every line is causing the
line to not read properly. It looks like the letter "y"
with two dots over it but it shows up as a square in Word
and Notepad.

I wrote a routine that reads in the text file line by
line, but it won't work if that weird character is in the
file. The line will read, but everything after that
character is lost. If I delete the character and try to
read the file line by line, it works fine.

How can I get around this so I can get to the data in the
file programatically?

~Jenny