Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default turn a spreadsheet calculation into a function

Hi Joe, (posted to excel.programming)

sheet2!A1: 100
sheet2!A2: =3*A1+4

Sheet1!A1: =Sheet2!A1
sheet1:A2: =Sheet2!A1

you can select your cell on sheet1 type in = sign then select
the cell on A2 then return to sheet1

Part 2 is either answered above, since it sounded like you were
trying to expand on a description of part 1 or it's going to be a lot
more than you bargained for.

However if you want to see some examples of User Defined Functions
see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm

---
HTH,

"joe" wrote in message m...
How can I obtain in spreadsheet #1 the results of a calculation
defined in spreadsheet #2 for a complete series of values defined as a
series in spreadshet #1?
In essence how can I build my own functions by defining them in a
spreadsheet?
Thanks, pepi
Direct answers to also appreciated.