Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Flanagan Bob Flanagan is offline

Default Can't edit toolbar icons

Mark, try changing the color qualtity of the screen via right clicking on
the desktop and selecting properties, settings.

Robert Flanagan
Macro Systems
Delaware, U.S. 302-234-9857
http://www.add-ins.com

Hi

Not sure if this is the right ng, but here goes.

I have a user who is trying to edit a custom toolbar icon in Excel 97
(archaic I know, but it is necessary for compatability with various
proprietary apps). When she right clicks and goes in to the button editor,
and changes some of the pixels in the icon, then closes the window, the

icon
just reverts to a blank grey icon. This happens with buttons that she has
added, and existing standard Excel icons.

I have tried removing her xlb and allowing Excel to recreated it, I have
even tried uninstalling all off Office, stripping residual regkeys out and
reinstalling, but this also has not worked. If I can't figure this out by
Monday I am going to have no choice but to rebuild the machine, which I
don't want to do for such a silly problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark