Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Counting cells with data in them

dim myRng as range
with activesheet
set myrng = .range("d1",.range("d1").end(xldown))
end with

msgbox application.counta(myrng)

This'll count everything--including formulas that evaluate to "".

Tony wrote:

Sorry if this post came up twice. I would like to know how to do a count
function on a selection of cells. My sheet has been filtered on this column
and then the following lines are used.

Range("d1").Select
sectornum = Selection.Count

This selects all the cells down to the last cell that has data in it but
then the variable is set to the total amount of cells selected. All I want to
know is how many cells have something in them. Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson