Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Drop down list reliant on condition

Assume the named range is List1

if SomeCondition then
worksheets("Codes").Range("C1:C30").Name = "List1"
else

worksheets("Codes").Range("B1:B30").Name = "List1"
End If

I don't know what condition sets the cell to ADM, so I can't guess what
condition to put in the code or to tell you where to put the code so it
updates the dropdown at the appropriate time. You could put it in the
SelectionChange event and test if the cell with the dropdown is what
triggered the event.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rob" wrote in message

Is there code I can use instead of an entry in a cell to archive the
following.

I have a drop down list in a cell that is created from the menu item Data,
Validation.... and refers to a named range, this range name is defined

with
a formula that varies on what text is in a particular cell, the formula

is:
=IF(Menu!$A$1="Adm",Codes!$C$1:$C$30,Codes!$B$1:$B $20). When Adm is in

cell
A1 my named range refers to Codes!$C$1:$C$30 whereas is A1 is anything

else,
the name range refers to Codes!$B$1:$B$20.

Thanks,

Rob