Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tod tod is offline

Default Drop down list reliant on condition

I hope I've read your post correctly.

This code will set your data validation list dependant on
the value in A1. Put the code in the module of the
worksheet that will contain the list:

'Assume data validation list goes in B1
Dim ListRange As String

If Target = ActiveSheet.Range("A1") Then
If ActiveSheet.Range("A1") = "Adm" Then
ListRange = "=$C$1:$C$30"
Else
ListRange = "=$B$1:$B$21"
End If
With Selection.Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateList, _
AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator:= _
xlBetween, Formula1:=ListRange
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.ShowInput = True